As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Mr Fothergills
Pea Kelvedon Wonder, Mr Fothergill's 15130 Vegetable SeedsMr Fothergills
- Good source of vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin B1. Suitable for successional and late sowings to give fresh peas in autumn. Protect seedlings from birds with twigs or bird scarers. 45 cm growing height. Early and maincrop plants produce masses of well-filled pods.
2. Mr Fothergills
Mr Fothergill's 23296 Vegetable Seeds, Sweet Corn Swift F1Mr Fothergills
- Planting in blocks helps pollination. High in fibre. Heavy cobs that are really sweet and juicy. Easy to grow. Vigorous and early, bred to be 'Xtra tender'.
3. Premier Seeds Direct
Premier Seeds Direct CW-BAVR-UV2A VEGETABLE ONION SPRING NORTH HOLLAND BLOOD RED REDMATE 1200 SEEDSPremier Seeds Direct
- Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production. Days to germination: 10-14. Days to harvest: 60-120 Professional defra licenced 07274 Quality Seed Supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags.
When seedlings are 3 inches high, thin to stand 2 to 3 inches apart. Harvest young plants in 60 days for bunching onions or up to 120 days for mature bulbing plants. Planting Depth: 1/2".
4. Premier Seeds Direct
Perpetual, 14 Gram ~ 700 Seeds, Spinach, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECTPremier Seeds Direct
- Harvest young spinach leaves during growth and full-size. Spacing, plants: Sow 12-18 seeds per foot. Spinach grows on a wide range of soils if moist and fertile, but is sensitive to acidity.
Sow about 6-12 seeds per foot, 1/2 inch deep, in rows 12-18 inches apart and thin when large enough. Professional defra licenced quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
Planting depth: 1/2 inch. Sow mar - apr & sep – oct. Spacing, row: 12-18 inches. Protect during harsh cold spells and from winter birds for a harvest over winter. Light: Sunny Location. Gradually thin to 6-9 in apart as they grow. Spinach germinates best in cool soil.
5. Premier Seeds Direct
Fiesta, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT, Heirloom Flint Corn, 55 Finest SeedsPremier Seeds Direct
- Cover any roots that appear at the base with mulch or old compost to retain moisture. Plant spacing:12-18". Harden off before planting out. Alternatively sow directly outside in late spring allowing 12-18in between plants and 18in between rows.
Days to maturity: 80-100 Do not allow the crop to dry out during hot weather whilst flowering. Sow in early spring under cover in 3in pots 1in deep for the earliest crop at a minimum temp of 60F, warmth will aid germination rates.
Professional defra licenced 07274 quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
Corn must be planted in blocks, not as a single row to ensure good pollination. Location: Full Sun. Days to germ. 4-12. Soil temp. Ensure the growing location has good drainage and enough humus to ensure the ground will not dry too quickly. Planting depth: 2-4". For germ. 60-85°f.
6. Mr Fothergills
Sorrel Red Veined, Mr Fothergill's 10597 Vegetable SeedsMr Fothergills
- Suitable for contained gardens. 1 or 2 leaves finely chopped add 'zing' to salads. Great for outdoor sowing. Very attractive leaves can be grown in containers. Easy to grow, with an almost lemony sharp flavour.
7. Premier Seeds Direct
Carrot, RESISTAFLY F1-1300 Finest Seeds, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECTPremier Seeds Direct
- A second crop of carrots can be planted in late summer or early autumn in most areas. Seeds must be kept moist to germinate. Seeds can be mixed with sand to make sowing a little easier. Best sown straight in the ground and then thinned in stages to obtain the correct distance apart.
When sowing seeds, try to space them 1cm apart. Make successive plantings every three weeks but avoid the hottest part of the summer. The carrot seeds are slow to germinate, and the radishes, will mark the row until the carrots come up and provide another crop.
If a hard frost threatens, which germinate and grow very quickly, protect your autumn crop with a heavy mulch. Carrots are cool-weather vegetables, so start sowing from about two weeks before the last expected frost in your area. With this spacing the foliage of adjacent plants will make a dense canopy when the plants are mature.
The tiny seeds make spacing difficult, but it will be easier to thin without disturbing the plants you plan to leave, if there is a little space between them. Professional defra licenced 07274 quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice. Sow the seeds sparingly and cover with about 05cm of soil. You can try mixing radish seeds with the carrot seeds.
8. Premier Seeds Direct
Premier Seeds Direct TOM102 Tomato Sweet Million F1 Includes 22 SeedsPremier Seeds Direct
- Germination takes around 6-14 days at 65-75F. Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice. Sow in spring 1/16 inch deep. Indeterminate tomatoes will grow and produce fruit until killed by frost.
Transplant the seedlings when large enough to handle into 3 inch pots. Professional defra licenced Quality Seed Supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags.
9. Premier Seeds Direct
Pea, 300 Seeds Main Crop, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT, RondoPremier Seeds Direct
- Pick regularly to maintain yields. Keep weed free. Protect immediately from birds. Sow mar – jun 2” deep in 6” wide rows 2 inches apart. The distance between the rows should equal the expected height of the variety. Provide support by 3 inches tall.
Avoid sowing during any cold or very wet periods. Professional defra licenced 07274 quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice. Plant where peas have not been grown for 2 seasons, digging in well rotted organic matter.
10. Mr Fothergills
Mr Fothergill's 12565 Vegetable Seeds, Pea Snap Sugar BonMr Fothergills
- 45 cm growing height. Pods remain edible until quite large. Early variety, high yields of delicious, almost stringless pods. Pods can be left to develop and peas can be shelled. Good source of vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin A.